HEAD OF RISK & COMPLIANCE
We are exclusively recruiting for an award-winning international investment company who are looking to recruit a Head of Risk and Compliance to join their Senior Management team in the Isle of Man.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced risk and compliance professional to join a highly regarded business that adheres to the highest standards of best business practice and provides a truly excellent level of service.
Joining a global investment management business, you will take on responsibility for all international Risk and Compliance functions and will inherit a well-established function and talented team with a strong reputation both within the company and with external business partners.
What you will do;
- Senior regulatory appointments of the Controlled/Senior Management Function of Head of Compliance (R13 (IOM) and SM16 (UK)), Controlled/Senior Management Function of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (R15 (IOM) and SM17 (UK)) and to coordinate all financial crime prevention controls and reporting, Data Protection Officer in the IOM and UK, and to coordinate all data protection controls and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of relevant legislation and regulation across multiple jurisdictions and ensure the business implements changes on a timely basis.
- Provide pragmatic and practical regulatory interpretation, guidance and advice to the business.
- Maintain the prescribed Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ensuring risks are identified, controlled and documented within the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process.
- Evolve and manage a Risk & Compliance Monitoring Programme, which tests the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
- Provide regular reporting information as well as reports to Regulators, Committees and Board(s).
- Be the primary point of contact for Regulators, Group Internal Auditors and other assurance providers to coordinate regulatory inspections and other external assurance testing.
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team.
- Support Group-wide projects, ensuring technical expertise complements the desired objectives of the initiative.
What talents to bring;
- A relevant professional qualification such as ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance or CISI Diploma in Investment and Compliance.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within Risk & Compliance functions at a Senior Management level.
- In depth knowledge of fund management business (ideally with an awareness of UCITS funds) as well as relevant multi-jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- An ability to inspire and grow the business’s people and contribute to the business’s ethos.
- An ability to work collaboratively across a geographically diverse business whilst managing challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrable report writing, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An ability to plan, organise and control activities of a small team.
To discuss this role further please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01624 698900 quoting reference MF876.