Your privacy is important to us
At McKenzie Fox your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. The following statement describes how McKenzie Fox manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act the data controller is McKenzie Fox Limited (Company No. 123950C (Isle of Man)) of Ground Floor, 33 Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 3DE registered as a data controller under the Act under registration number N002848
Personal data - what is it?
Personal data means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history, legal) to the everyday (e.g. address and contact details). It could include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and any other data obtained by McKenzie Fox in connection with your employment / work placements.
McKenzie Fox will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the law. In most cases, McKenzie Fox will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent.
How will your data be collected?
Generally, McKenzie Fox collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- deal with McKenzie Fox in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application form;
- complete & submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that McKenzie Fox contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when McKenzie Fox receives:
- a reference about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
McKenzie Fox normally requires you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if McKenzie Fox does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which McKenzie Fox has collected your personal data.
How McKenzie Fox may use and disclose your personal data
- to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to match your details against job vacancies which McKenzie Fox feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you to submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to McKenzie Foxs' job alerts so that McKenzie Fox can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- to market our recruitment services to you;
- to develop and market other products and services, to improve McKenzie Foxs' customer service and to make McKenzie Foxs' services more useful to you which includes tailoring McKenzie Foxs' website in order to provide the detailed information you may require;
- to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- to answer your enquiries or questions;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged McKenzie Fox.
McKenzie Fox may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- prospective employers or engagers;
- ·other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- external vetting bodies e.g. to obtain CRB checks;
- third parties who perform functions on McKenzie Foxs behalf and who also provide services to McKenzie Fox, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on McKenzie Foxs business technology systems, research and function co-ordinators;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if McKenzie Fox is required by law to do so.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, McKenzie Fox will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give McKenzie Fox the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
McKenzie Fox holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
McKenzie Fox has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
McKenzie Fox uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- ·virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
McKenzie Fox will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. McKenzie Fox will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that McKenzie Fox is obliged under the Conduct Regulations (where applicable) to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which McKenzie Fox last provides services to you.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data McKenzie Fox holds about you in accordance with the Act. McKenzie Fox may charge a fee of £10 to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
McKenzie Fox is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
McKenzie Fox may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If McKenzie Fox denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal data up to date
McKenzie Fox takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
McKenzie Fox may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let McKenzie Fox know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for McKenzie Fox to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data McKenzie Fox holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, McKenzie Fox will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If McKenzie Fox is unable to agree that the personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may apply to Court for an order for rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
The personal data McKenzie Fox collects from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by McKenzie Fox and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section "How McKenzie Fox may use and disclose your personal data". Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services McKenzie Fox provides to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
McKenzie Fox and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
McKenzie Fox will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information, such as a unique identifier and the site name.
McKenzie Fox also use ‘analytical’ cookies to help us improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure users are able to find what they need easily.
As this site grows and develops it may contain links to other sites that may be of interest to you where data privacy practices may be different to that of McKenzie Fox. We would advise that you review and familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as McKenzie Fox accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify or amend this privacy statement at any time and in which case McKenzie Fox will advise of any such alterations or updates by notice on the McKenzie Fox Website.
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact: email@example.com